Monday, June 16, 2008

you are ever so WELCOME.....

Hello Lovely Ladies!

I'm so glad to see that you've found your way here. Let's call this blog a companion of sorts to "I'm No Plain-Faced Girl!"--the ever so incredible group you joined on Facebook, an affirmation of all things beautiful in you and in every girl you know. I am so glad that I created this group, and not just because it matters so much to me that we all know how valuable and gorgeous we are as women, but because of your responses to the message of "I'm No Plain-Faced Girl." You've invited friends, you've spread the message, and most of all I hope that this group has helped remind you of your beauty-inside and out.

I'll be blogging here frequently...and it's hard to say at this point with exactly what, because every post will be different! Knowing myself, there will probably be a fair amount of quotes, movie and book suggestions, fun stories, a beautiful picture to brighten your day, or just some of my musings. I can assure you I will only post things that I believe are beautiful, good, and true. The only thing I can assure you is that this blog should add some sunshine to your day whensoever you choose to stop by and take a peek. A little ray of sunshine to your summer days, if you will. So bookmark this baby and keep your eyes peeled! The focus is you, beautiful girl--and whatever will bring a smile to that beautiful face, or keep those thoughts turning, or look a little bit deeper inside yourself--probe around, see what you find. It's always a good idea.

Lastly, the great thing about blogger is that you can post a comment without even having an account! So please, engage in the conversation--just click on the comments button to reply to what I've said, say what you feel, mean what you say, and share. A community of women is one with a voice, and all of your voices are welcomed and encouraged here, as long as we're keeping truth and positivity at the forefront. Make sure you put your name with the comment, so everyone can know who those fantastic insights are coming from!

So this is Creator Claire, signing off for now. How 'bout you leave a little comment to let me know what you think about this whole shindig, or even suggestions about things you'd like to hear! Let me know you'll be here to talk. It means so much to me.

And always remember, [[You're No Plain-Faced Girl]].



15 comments:

Abby said...

super cool.
yay for blogs.
=]

Anonymous said...

Claire I'm so glad to hear that you're starting a blog to go along with the facebook group. It's an absolutely amazing and true message you're sharing with everyone, and this is helping to reach out to so many more women to know they are beautiful. So thanks for this amazing addition to an already amazing groupd :D

Casey Peek

Anonymous said...

Haha I've already bookmarked this page! I think that everyone could use a little bright message lifting their self-esteem every once in a while! Thanks for keeping this going, Claire!

Anonymous said...

I think this is great, because in today's society every girl needs a reminder that they ARE beautiful no matter what, including me. It gets to be pretty hard sometimes, so I love that you are doing this. This group has been very encouraging to me. Thanks!

Lindsay

Molly said...

Yeah!! I love blogs. I've only been a part of the facebook group for a few days but the very idea of it was so encouraging. Feeling beautiful is so hard in this culture and it's so good to know that there's other girls/women out there who are striving to be beautiful on the inside for Jesus.
Thanks for doing this Claire.

Unknown said...

glad you made this, beautiful! whenever i see 'plain-face' updates, i smile :)
how cool would it be if we could all update this- start a blog circle or something. idk how any of that works but that'd be neat
thanks for making us feel pretty :D
-mikaela s.

Elaina said...

this is wonderful, Claire! it already made me smile.
~Elaina

Anonymous said...

I LOVE blogs, so when I found out you made one for a facebook group, I was simply delighted! =] Thanks for sharing a positive message to all the females on facebook!

Anonymous said...

I'm book-marking this! Wonderful idea and wonderful meesages you're spreading Claire. Can't wait to read what you write!

Unknown said...

You are amazing Claire! This is a great idea, and thanks for your messages on facebook. They are so encouraging!

-Alana Nelson

Anna Joy said...

Can't wait to see what you post on this blog, girlie :) Thanks for your heart and your passion to fight one of the most timeless, difficult battles in a woman's soul. You are loved and valued.

This is my new homepage.

Laura B said...

Hurray! This is all very exciting. I even decided to start my own blog to keep up. haha.

This makes my heart happy.

love,

l.bo

Victoria Weiss said...

Claire, you forgot to mention the link to your other blog: tomgribalski.blogspot.com

I love you! :)

Meg said...

hey, everyone! claire, this is a wonderful idea - the perfect way to declare our lack of plain-facedness.

has anyone considered printing and distributing (selling) t-shirts to further declare the message? sites like cafepress.com and a ton of others allow you design your own shirt and buy it in bulk relatively cheaply.

either way, keep on keepin' on, everybody!

Claire Taulbee said...

meg--i have thought about t-shirts as well, and also about cafe press. if you're interested, let's explore it together! let me know